Document Control Clerk
San Antonio, TX, USA
Performs company-wide and solar cell/module production site documentation and documentation control services accordance with company and factory policies and procedures. Ensures efficient & cost effective specification and document administration to production lines to meet or exceed all factory safety, output, yield, customer delivery, cost, and product quality/reliability targets.
- Performs company-wide and solar cell/module production site documentation and documentation control services in accordance with company and factory policies and procedures.
- Helps write and publish company and site document control procedures, recording systems, and methodologies.
- Maintains and controls the document repository and access during shift hours.
- Executes revision control and change procedures for all standard operating documents (SOPs), work instructions (WIs), schematics, diagrams, reports, and product specifications.
- Ensures compliance to defined format, structures, and procedures for writing, publishing, and changing company documents.
- Assists in proofread and spell check of all documentation as needed or required.
- Distributes and coordinates signatures on important documents through approval routings.
- Communicates with other department heads and/or company executive leadership as required to ensure no operation or task is performed outside company policies, specifications, or guidelines.
- Publishes and distributes all production line control documents including specification change notifications, engineering change notices (ECNs), temporary action requests (TAR), engineering splits or experiment documentation.
- Maintains a clean and safe work areas using the 5S manufacturing methodology.
- Measures and records to coordinator on any document control performance metrics.
- Ensures all document data & control tracking is accurate, complete, and error free.
- Ensures good communication between and across shifts and days of the week.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma required. Two year degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of document control and/or technical writing experience preferred.
- Knowledge in all main Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- ISO or QS quality documentation certification experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent reading, writing, arithmetic, and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of solar or semiconductor manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery highly preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with formal technical writing a plus.
- Ability to simplify and ensure clarity of complex instructions and tasks to enable quality performance by those completing the work.
- Able to multi-task as well as manage daily, weekly, and monthly required work effectively.
- Creates a high expectation and consistently high performing document control team.
- Able to assess/solicit, define, and implement improvements for document control and site.
- Extended time standing or walking on hard production floor with confined spaces, multiple turns, or rooms.
- Bend, stoop, crouch, ascend, and descend on a regular basis when performing essential job functions.
- Constantly observe, assess, inspect, detect, convey, and exchange information when performing essential job functions.
This job description may be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.