East Coast Sales Manager
The East Coast Sales Manager is responsible for developing and executing all key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans, required to achieve Company’s financial targets. This position will be the PV module sales leader to help meet the Company’s customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives in the eastern U.S.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve PV module sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base in targeted region.
- Execute direct sales with new and existing accounts in assigned region to meet business targets
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and support the sales team with their sales efforts.
- Develop leads and opportunities for solutions and services on solar projects
- Utilize CRM tools (Salesforce) for managing the sales process and forecasting
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Conduct market intelligence reports within the assigned territory
- Meet customer’s expectations and highest possible customer satisfaction
- Negotiate terms and conditions in line with corporate policies and targets
- Develop competitive strategies and account development plans to achieve sales objectives, maintaining knowledge of competitor activity
- Build and maintain strong relationship with customers and influence leverage internal resources as required for customer support, working with other sales teams as needed for international projects
- Understand the specifications for equipment and materials needed for the project, and determine the requirements and specifications for purchase
- As needed offer technical sales and support for customers’ system engineering
- Other initiatives and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Sales and/or Business Development, preferably in the solar industry
- Technical understanding of solar power systems and inverters
- Ability to work with customers on technical questions and solutions, drawing expertise from the company’s application engineering team, working closely with all other departments
- Demonstrated effectiveness in “C” level and “VP” level sales. Proven success in building new business
- Demonstrated ability to grow and manage relationships with key accounts
- Strong knowledge and experience in solutions/strategic selling
- Knowledge of manufacturing/material control system applications and process
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and basic PC skills
- Business and financial savvy.
- Results driven; financial acumen (Understanding of project NPV, ROI, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external groups
- Effective communication skills - verbal, written, listening, and conflict resolution
- Sound judgment and decision making: strategic thinking and problem solving
- Thorough and efficient attention to detail – accuracy and organization
- Ability to effectively multi-task as well as manage daily, weekly, and monthly required work tasks
- Follow company guidelines & procedures – attendance, dress code, conduct, safety, report accidents/incidents, etc.
- Manage work load as first priority, assist co-workers and work as a team to meet departmental goals
- Respect each other – all team members should feel comfortable at work, harassment & aggressive conduct not acceptable
- Maintain professional and tidy work area: pick up trash; replace equipment in correct storage locations, file records,
- Complete assignments with integrity, pride, and accountability
- Support internal departments to meet company goals
This job description may be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.