Module Production Operator - Module Line
San Antonio, TX, USA
Operates module production line equipment in accordance with plant policies and key performance indicators (KPI). Work within established specs, procedures and written or verbal instructions. Ensure efficient production operation during shift to meet all factory safety, output, yield, cost, and quality targets.
- Operates module production line equipment in accordance with plant policies and key performance indicators (KPI).
- Required punctuality for start/end of shift, breaks and lunch must be maintained.
- Must achieve certification and training of all required operations and tools.
- Runs module production line according to all specifications including process TAKT times.
- Follows and records product through the material execution system (MES).
- Measures and records all product monitoring or sampling data as required.
- Follows all quality and safety procedures required by tool, area, or factory operation.
- Performs any daily start/end of shift cleaning procedures that are required.
- Performs any additional tasks as directed by Lead/Supervisor/Engineer/Manager.
- Responsible to meet all shift production output, yield, cost, and quality targets.
- Performs any and all operation product quality inspections in production line.
- Communicates tool and line performance to shift Leads/Supervisors/Production Manager/Engineer and/or factory leadership as required.
- Ensures a clean and safe work area using the 5S manufacturing methodology.
- Required to wear all personal protective equipment (PPE) on module floor (e.g. steel toes, safety glasses, gloves).
- Completes shift performance and factory reporting paperwork as/if required.
- Cross trains in multi-areas as necessary to ensure smooth and efficient operation.
- Participates in production line performance improvement teams as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college level course work preferred.
- 1-3 years previous manufacturing or production line experience preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of product assembly processes, procedures, and machinery.
- Ability to interpret and execute standardized work instructions accurately.
- Ability to rotate through multiple positions on the production line as required.
- Familiarity with basic hand tools.
- Good reading, writing, arithmetic, and communication skills required.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery, machines HMI’s, computers, and WIP movement tools.
- Ability to analyze and recommend improved area task or work instructions to increase area/shift performance productivity, efficiency, quality, and cost.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and communicate tool shift and daily performance results to shift leads/supervisor.
- Creates an environment of high productivity and enthusiasm across all shift team members to excel or exceed operation or company specified targets.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of solar manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery preferred.
- Experience with new process development and implementation preferred.
- Statistical process data entry, charting, and quality control understanding preferred.
- Support a 12-hr production shift schedule as part of the 7 X 24 hour high paced manufacturing operation.
- Frequently lift, carry, move and position objects weighing up to 40 pounds unassisted, when performing essential job functions.
- Extended time standing or walking on hard production floor with confined spaces, multiple turns, or rooms.
- Bend, stoop, crouch, ascend, and descend on a regular basis when performing essential job functions.
- Constantly observe, assess, inspect, detect, convey, and exchange information when performing essential job functions.