San Antonio, TX, USA
Supports solar cell and module production line product reliability and quality control engineering in accordance with company and factory policies and procedures. Ensures highest possible product reliability and quality performance levels achieved from all production line equipment, processes, and manufacturing procedures in support of production lines running on 7 day X 24 hour operation to meet or exceed all production safety, line output, yield, customer delivery, cost, and product quality/reliability targets.
- Supports production line product reliability and quality assurance and improvement in accordance with company and factory policies and procedures.
- Supports all production line process quality control inspection by inspecting the product inline at each phase of the process along the entire production line. Supports the department Quality Engineers in all areas, including data capture and quality or reliability improvement programs for the factory.
- Performs sample test plans and monitoring of daily and weekly production runs to ensure on-going quality and reliability stability under guidance of R&QA engineers.
- Performs Incoming Receiving Inspection on raw materials received from suppliers for use in solar module production.
- Performs Outgoing Inspection on finished product and sample auditing on a daily basis in order to maintain quality control of finished product.
- Participates in quality improvement or customer relationship teams as assigned.
- Completes data collection or test reports on product reliability and quality performance as assigned by Quality Engineers.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma required. 2 year technical degree or some collage is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in relevant quality support function or area.
- Experience in a high volume, complex, solar, semiconductor, or similar mfg field.
- Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) certification and/or Six Sigma training a plus.
- Experience with advanced quality control methods, statistical process control, variation reduction, and quality performance analysis methods and/or tools.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent reading, writing, arithmetic, and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of solar or semiconductor manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery highly preferred.
- Proficient with software applications such as Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to creatively develop and implement approved solutions.
- Strong quality and reliability program and/or task management skills.
- Ability to multi-task as well as manage daily, weekly, and monthly required performance targets or deliverables effectively.
- Frequently lifts, carries, moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds unassisted, when performing essential job functions.
- Typically, bends, stoops, crouches, ascends, and descends on a regular basis, when performing essential job functions.
- Constantly observes, assesses, inspects, communicates, detects, conveys, and exchanges information, when performing essential job functions.
This job description may be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.